If you have an affectionate relationship with a person who suffers from anxiety, you should know everything about this disorder in order to help and understand the person you love and especially understand at the most critical times. Here is a guide to 14 things to remember:
- 1 About Loving Someone With Anxiety
- 1.1 1. There is no “snapping out of it.”
- 1.2 2. Everyone has different coping mechanisms that work for them.
- 1.3 3. Anxiety isn’t rational.
- 1.4 4. But just because it’s not rational, doesn’t mean it’s invalid.
- 1.5 5. It’s better to ask questions than to offer suggestions.
- 1.6 6. Yes, panic attacks really are that bad.
- 1.7 7. Sometimes someone needs to be alone, sometimes that’s the last thing they need.
- 1.8 8. It’s okay to laugh about things.
- 1.9 9. Everyone is dealt a hand, anxiety just happens to be their hand.
- 1.10 10. When someone chooses to confide in you about their anxiety, it’s a big deal.
- 1.11 11. No one chooses to have anxiety.
- 1.12 12. Sometimes there is no trigger, there’s just anxiety.
- 1.13 13. It’s not going to be forever.
- 1.14 14. Patience is often the best gift you can give.
- 1.15 Video: 14 things to remember
About Loving Someone With Anxiety